BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tuesday Tunes... AKA My First Published Playlist

It's March 8th and I'm on Spring Break. I'm not on a beach in Mexico or Florida and I'm not skiing in Wyoming, although all three sound fun and definately worth the time. Instead, I'm relaxing at home with my family and enjoying every minute of it. A lot of my free time has been spent watching the Showtime series Shameless and Californication as well as the new movie release The Adjustment Bureau.

Shameless is a new comedic series about a dysfunctional family in the Bronx, NY. The dysfunctional aspect of the family is the alcoholic father (William H. Macy), who barely accepts responsibility for any of his 6 kin. He doesn't live in his home and after watching a few episodes it seems as if his children provide for themselves, usually by any means necessary. The show is definately worth watching and I can almost guarantee William H. Macy will recieve multiple awards for his acting in the series.

The Adjustment Bureau excelled where the commercials failed. That is, the commercials fail to mention the serious spiritual aspect of the movie and the "ride" your in for if you decide to watch it. The main question of the movie is apparent in the commercials: "Do we have Free Will or are we minions of Fate?". If you like a philosophical/spiritual journey that deals with one of the fundamental questions of our being then this movie is a must see. There are many ties to The LoO (The Law of One), which is a philosophical/spiritual series produced in the early 1980's. If you are unfamilair with The LoO then you will not notice it in the movie; however, from my understanding, the main idea of the movie is one of the central tenets of The LoO philosophy/spirituality. A fringe idea is that this movie was produced to make aware to the collective that not only are the ideas in the movie possible, they are probable. How far are you willing to go down the rabbit hole (A question asked in the movie)?

Now to the Playlist. I've found these tracks since I've been on break. A few are realtively old (2009/2010), while others are brand new (Feb./Mar. 2011). There are multiple genres within the playlist and each one seems to complement the other (or so I think...). My favorite song of the playlist is probably Civilian by Wye Oak. I hope it's worth your listening time. Enjoy!

Playlist
1. Admiral Fallow - Squealing Pigs
2. Wye Oak - Civilian
3. Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
4. Beaten By Them - Damp Sky
5. Geographer - Kites
6. Yuck - Automatic
7. Frank Ocean - Strawberry Swing (FO Remix)

0 comments: