BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Streaming Rock into Acoustic Video


I can't begin to count how many times I've listened to the original versions of these songs. I started listening to Lagwagon and Bad Astronaut while in middle school, under the recommendation of my brother. I loved the music then, and actually love it more now. The lyrics are timeless to me and strike a new chord every time I listen to them.
The highlight of Lagwagon and Bad Astronaut is not so much the instrumentation, but rather the vocals of lead singer and guitarist Joey Cape. Joey's vocals and the emotion he puts into them every song set him apart from other artists. You may have never heard of them before, but Joey, Lagwagon & Bad Astronaut have been throwing them back for almost 20 years and these videos seem to suggest that they are not calling it quits soon.
Each song seems to pack a mixture of passion and tension that is hard to find nowadays. Raw emotion reflecting facets of the human condition. These and other songs by The Caper & Crew will forever be favorites of mine and now I pass them on to you. I hope you enjoy ride, for with these lyrics there is no place to hide. Yours Truly, SirChuckD.
(Had problems with the Originals.. Sorry for the inconvenience! You could always look them up on www.youtube.com)

Original:
To All My Friends - Lagwagon


Joey Cape, Jon Snodgrass & Chad Rex - "To All My Friends".


Originals:
The Kids are all Wrong - Lagwagon
May 16 - Lagwagon
**IMO - The best of the four videos**

Joey Cape - The Kids are all Wrong / May 16 / Who We ve Become


Originals:
Wind in your Sail - Lagwagon

Tony Sly - On the Outside / Joey Cape - Wind in your Sail


Originals:
Making Friends - Lagwagon
Not A Dull Moment - Bad Astronaut

Joey Cape - Making Friends / Not A Dull Moment / Only Good For A Fuck

0 comments: