BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Learn to expect the unexpected.. Ushering in 2011 with some Hip Hop/Dance


The year is 2011. This Hip Hop/Dance is from 2010. I've had a hard time putting this list together because I'm not a huge fan of the game, although I respect it tremendously. You may recognize a few of these tracks, but hopefully a few will be new and provide you with fresh listening power. There are a variety of styles among the list, found throughout the previous year from many websites (www.djbooth.net, www.earmilk.com, www.hotnewhiphop.com, www.hypem.com, www.fratmusic.com, etc...) many may not be classified as Hip Hop.

Overall, I thought the year provided plenty of fresh material from well known to new and "upcoming" artists. The potential for these artists in 2011 seems limited only by their motivation. Does Kanye need to release a new album (proving his Power with My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy)? Or Eminem for that matter? What about other artists, unmentioned down below, that need to prove themselves with an all-around high quality EP?

Here's some of my favorite 2010 Hip Hop tracks for your listening pleasure (Some from 2009 may have slipped in). I am always open to new suggestions for artists and tracks and Hip Hop is definitely where I'm lacking. Nonetheless, here they are:

All tan everything - Das Racist
All tan everything
Ms. California - Jay Burna
Ms. California
Blow Up - J Cole
Blow Up
I Wish I Knew Natalie Portman - K-OS
I Wish I Knew Natalie Portman
Marijuana - Kid Cudi
Marijuana
Angelica - Lamb
Angelica
The Show Goes On - Lupe Fiasco
The Show Goes On
Infinity - Marky
Infinity
So Many Girls - Nique
So Many Girls
New Soul feat. Yael Naim - Wale
New Soul
Tipsy In The Sun (Weezer vs. J-Kwon) - The White Panda
Tipsy In The Sun
Right Above It (Remix) - XV
Right Above It
Many Stylez feat. Rebelution - Zion I
Many Stylez


The Hangover feat. Mikey Rocks - Curren$y
Prioritize feat. Nesbey Phips - Curren$y
Symphonies feat Kid Cudi - Dan Black
You can sell anything - Das Racist
Julia - Das Racist
Forever (Nosaj Thing Remix) - Drake
Love The Way You Lie feat Rihanna & Jay-Z - Eminem
Runaway - Kanye West
Gorgeous feat. Kid Cudi - Kanye West
Power - Kanye West
Monster feat. Jay-Z, Rick Ross - Kanye West
Erase Me feat. Kanye West - Kid Cudi
I Know You're Bulletproof (La Roux vs. Rakim) - KMT Mashup
Run On feat. Johnny Cash - Marky
Full Clip - Marky
I'll Get You feat. Classixx - Marky
Ms. Fat Booty -  Mos Def
Miracles - Norwegian Recycling
Dear God 2.0 feat. Jim James - The Roots
The Hangover - Shawn Christopher
Catch Me If You Can - Shawn Christopher
All She Wrote feat. Eminem - T.I.
Welcome To The World feat. Kanye West - T.I.
Something Good Can Work - Two Door Cinema Club
Let's Chill feat. Lloyd - Wale
Stereo Hands (Edward Maya vs. Waka Flocka) - The White Panda
Fireflies Goin Down (Young Joc vs. Owl City) - The White Panda
Escape Day 'n' Nite (Kid Cudi vs. DJ Tiesto) - The White Panda
Real Estate - Wiz Khalifa
Black and Yellow - Wiz Khalifa
She Go, I Go ft. Chiddy Bang - XV
Mirrors Edge (Remix) ft. Bun B, GLC & Mike Posner - XV
Tunnel Vision - XV

0 comments: