BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Warning:: These Goodies Have Been A Loooong Time Coming

I haven't posted for a while and I apologize. School does not wait and it seems to be making me... Anyway, I decided to post a few new tracks I've found from various sources. All the music is from 2011, which means it is less than a month old and easily up for debate as to its' quality.

The first band is young (18-20 yrs) but mature. Their sound is reminiscent of classic Beatles melodies while maintaining a unique vocal aspect. These songs do not sound overly complicated, instrumentally, but they contain just enough layers to make the song successful. I doubt either of these songs will garner national music attention on the radio, but that is expected and surely respected.

Dye It Blonde - Smith Westerns
Weekend - Smith Westerns
Imagine Part #3 - Smith Westerns


"Holy Shit," and utter amazement on my face after seeing the first 30 seconds of Kaputt by Destroyer. Is the 80's really back? I don't think so and it's mainly because this song actually rocks, even though the video and sound are reminiscent of the 80's. I find it gets more soothing and relaxing to listen to as the song progresses. Thank you very much Pitchfork! Enjoy!




This video is very calming. The music is also very calming. I enjoy how every single member of Sun Airway is shown, albeit at different intervals, highlighting their respective sound in the song. I hope you enjoy the video, I did.

Yourstruly Presents: Sun Airway "Oh, Naoko"



The last video is one from a deeply offensive comedian, Jim Norton. It's an old video from 2007, but probably older than that.

I may have gone to far with the Norton video...

0 comments: