BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Assorted Tracks from Artists You've Never Heard Of.

Upon perusing the world wide web for several millennia, I came across a few tracks that I liked. Here they are with a brief excerpt from my mind.

This isn't the first time I've posted Yeasayer into this blog, *hint hint*. Needless to say, they are pretty good. This song opens with a melody that won't disappoint and with lyrics that make you appreciate its timely synchronization with the instrumentation. The song is sure to please from start to finish. I posted a LIVE version down below, that was just released last week.

Madder Red - Yeasayer


I'm still not sure how this instrumental did not make it further into the public eye this previous year. This may be one of my new favorite songs to relax to from 2010. This would be a great theme song for T.V. series such as Weeds, Californiacation, or any other Showtime series for that matter.
Gallinas Y Lagartos - El Santo Nada
I had never heard of Pepper Rabbit before I had a chance to listen to this song. The guitar starting out the melody of this song is definitely the most recognizable part of the entire song, reminding me of an early Jack Johnson riff personalized for a carefree car commercial in the sun. The vocals get better as the song progresses, with an emotional chorus having an air of optimistic melancholy.
Older Brother - Pepper Rabbit
This is relaxing song with good vibes. Yes, the lyrics start somewhat depressing but they do pick up with the chorus. "All this time you've been drifting out with the tide my friend"...
Safe and Sound - Electric President
It may take a few listens to appreciate completely, but, Bear In Heaven creates a masterpiece instrumental that slowly progresses into musical sublimity. This is a remix of the original, but definitely mind-entrenching.
Ultimate Satisfaction - Bear In Heaven
Hey Big Bang - Superhumanoids
Hey Big Bang
Girls FM - Happy Birthday
Girls FM
In The Water - Beat Connection
In The Water
Windstorm - School of Seven Bells
Windstorm



0 comments: